Rediff India Abroad
 Rediff India Abroad Home  |  All the sections


The Web

India Abroad

Sign up today!

Get news updates:
Mobile Downloads
Text 67333
Article Tools
Email this article
Top emailed links
Print this article
Contact the editors
Discuss this Article

Home > India > News > Report

Bihar govt seeks CBI probe in death of Shahnaz Hussain's son

Anand Mohan Sahay in Patna | March 28, 2008 04:22 IST

The Bihar government on Thursday recommended a CBI probe into the death of beautician Shahnaz Hussain's only son, 34-year-old Samir Hussain, in January.

Two days after Shahnaz Husain demanded a CBI probe during her visit to Patna, the state government has recommended the same, official sources in the state home department told "The government has recommended a CBI probe into the death of Shanaz Hussain's son and an official letter was also sent to the concerned department in Delhi," official sources said.

Shahnaz Husain on Tuesday called on chief minister Nitish Kumar to seek a CBI probe into the death of his son, Samir Husain. After the meeting she told mediapersons that the chief minister had assured her that the government would recommend the CBI investigation into the matter.

Shahnaz Hussain, during her visit to Patna, visited the site where her son fell from the third floor of the apartment of his father-in-law in Patna. But she refused to meet her daughter-in-law and grand daughter.

Earlier, Shahnaz Hussain said that her son Samir was neither depressed, nor an alcoholic. She also denied any rumour of her son being angry following her second marriage to noted entrepreneur R K Puri as suggested by Samir's father-in-law and advocate Mahfooz Alam.

"He was a little depressed after he found out that his wife was inflicted with tuberculosis and the doctors had prohibited him from getting closer to her for at least two years. He was taking anti-depressants for several years but he quit taking his medicines 4-5 months ago at the insistence of his wife," she said, adding her son's father-in-law also created a situation when he was not allowed to talk to her for weeks.