|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
200 fall ill after food poisoning at wedding party
Anand Mohan Sahay in Patna | March 02, 2008 21:53 IST
Over 200 people have taken ill after consuming poisonous food in Bihar's Araria district, and nearly 50 of them were hospitalised after their condition deteriorated, district officials said on Sunday.
The people fell ill after consuming poisonous food at a wedding party in Sultanpur. According to official sources, some those affected are in serious condition due to dehydration.
The police said some of the members at the wedding party had complained of dysentery and vomitting after consuming food at the wedding. "They were admitted in a government hospital after their condition deteriorated," the police said.