|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Discuss | Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop
Special team to probe Bengaluru blasts
July 25, 2008 20:00 IST
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa has constituted a special team to probe into the serial blasts that rocked Bengaluru on Friday. After convening an emergency meeting of the state cabinet, Yeddyurappa said his government was determined to crack the case as soon as possible. The team would comprise the Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) and three Deputy Inspector Generals of Police.
Terming the incident as unfortunate, Yeddyurappa said at a press conference that the peace loving people of Karnataka had been attacked and there was no way in which the culprits were going to escape. He said these terror outfits could not digest the growth of Bengaluru in particular which is now on the world map thanks to the information technology boom.
He said it was evident that the blasts were caused more to create a scare and disrupt peace rather than cause any major casualties.
He assured the people that there was no cause for concern and added that the police were doing their bit to ensure that the city was safe. He assured the families of the victims of all support and added that he had already announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh for the families of the deceased and Rs 25,000 for those injured in the blasts.
Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop