|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Discuss | Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop
'The real plan was to attack on September 27'
Vicky Nanjappa in Mumbai | December 10, 2008 00:09 IST
Last Updated: December 10, 2008 01:36 IST
Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist in the Mumbai attack, has confessed that the original plan was to carry out the attack on September 27. This was part of the confession made by Ajmal Kasab.
Kasab says in his confession to his interrogators that the boss of the Lashkar-e-Tayiba had planned out the entire attack and he had also directed them to cause as much casualty as possible.
The attack was fixed for September 27, but the same was postponed. Kasab, however, does not reveal details as to why the attacks were postponed.
However, the inputs picked up by the Intelligence Bureau officials suggest that the entire Mumbai operation had been postponed after Fahim Ansari, the accused in the Rampur, CRPF attack case was arrested. Ansari had confessed during his interrogation that Mumbai was the next target of the LeT. He had also specifically stated that the Taj and Oberoi would be attacked.
I was misguided: According to the Mumbai police, Kasab has been pleading for mercy. During his interrogation, he said that he was misguided by the LeT and said that he wanted to return to Pakistan. According to the interrogators, Kasab the man responsible for the death of over 50 persons at the CST terminal had broken down several times during the interrogation seeking mercy on the ground that he was misguided. He says that he was brainwashed by the LeT to carry out the operation and he fell prey to it.
Email | Print | Get latest news on your desktop