|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Sanjay Dutt gets a 4-day breather
October 16, 2007 23:39 IST
The special TADA court has rescheduled the dates to summon the convicts of 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts case and as per new schedule actor Sanjay Dutt [Images] will have to appear before the court on October 24 instead of October 20, court sources said.
Dutt, convicted by court for possessing an AK-56 rifle in the case, and sentenced to six years RI, is out on bail.
The Supreme Court, while granting him bail, made it clear that he will have to surrender before TADA court once he gets copy of the judgment.
But it is not clear whether on 24th he would get the copy, they said.
The court has summoned all the convicts on October 22, 23 and 24. Earlier, they were summoned on October 18, 19 and 20, but this was rescheduled, sources added.
Hundred accused were convicted by special TADA judge Pramod Kode last year in connection with serial blasts that killed 257 persons in Mumbai on March 12, 1993.