Rediff India Abroad
 Rediff India Abroad Home  |  All the sections

Search:



The Web

India Abroad




Newsletters
Sign up today!

Mobile Downloads
Text 67333
Article Tools
Email this article
Top emailed links
Print this article
Contact the editors
Discuss this Article


Home > News > PTI

Nithari parents form organisation

Shreeparna Chakrabarty in Noida | January 15, 2007 09:28 IST

Related Articles
Complete Coverage
"We don't want your money, take it away. Just give our children back or hand over Moninder to us." These are some of the slogans that greet onlookers passing through the Nithari village in Noida, infamous for the grisly serial killings of several children.

The banners have been put up by anguished parents of missing children from Nithari and nearby areas like Delhi, Ghaziabad and even Punjab and Haryana, who have come together on a common platform named 'Gumshuda Bachche Abhibhavak Sangh (Organisation of parents of missing children).'

For these unfortunate parents, the compensation being doled out by the state government is not enough. They want concrete information about their children.

"We have been sitting here for the last 15 days. Ever since the first skeletons were discovered, hoping to find some clues about our children," Hazari Mallik, a resident of Nithari, who has not found any trace of her missing child so far said.

"The administration just wants us to keep shut and take whatever compensation they dole out. We don't want that, either they should tell us what happened to our wards or just simply hand over Moninder Singh to us," Sita Devi, from Kondli, whose 15-year-old son has been missing for the last 9 months, said.

"The administration should treat all parents equally," she said adding the investigators were not sharing any information with them now.

As many as 200 parents have come together under this new forum, claims Jit Bahadur, one of the aggrieved parents.

"Even if we are given compensation at any stage we would return them," he adds.

Uma Pal, mother of 18-year-old Rakesh Pal of Okhla, who has been missing for the last two years, has been sitting under a tree ever since the skeletons of women and children were recovered from the house.

"I have lost everything in life. I just want to know what happened to my son," she said.

The Uttar Pradesh government has given compensation of Rs 5 lakhs to the families of 17 children who have been confirmed dead in the horrendous incident.



© Copyright 2007 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.
Advertisement