|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Maharashtra govt ready to review SRK's security
December 13, 2007 02:54 IST
Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister R R Patil on Wednesday said that the state government was ready to review the security provided to Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan [Images] in view of the alleged ransom threat to him.
''So far, I am unaware of any such threat. We have already provided security to Khan, however, we are ready to review it, if needed,'' Patil said while reacting to reports that the actor had received a Rs two crore ransom call from gangster Bunty Pandey.
Khan allegedly got repeated calls from the gangster demanding a sum of Rs two crore. He promptly informed the city police and its Anti-terrorist Squad about the calls.
It was also reported that Pandey had sent six goons to Shah Rukh to ''speak to him personally."
ATS chief K P Raghuvanshi was not available for his comment on the issue.