Home > News > PTI
Malegaon blasts: 25 more detained
September 14, 2006 21:52 IST
Twenty-five more people were detained on Thursday in connection with the Malegaon bomb blasts.
Forensic tests conducted by the National Security Guard had revealed that all the bombs used in the attacks last Friday that killed 38 people had been fitted with timer devices that used clocks of the same brand, Superintendent of Police (Nashik) Rajvardhan told reporters in Malegaon.
Those arrested on Thursday included Muslims as well as Hindus, he said, adding that few of the 20 people, who were detained on Wednesday, were let off on the condition that will not leave the town.
Rajvardhan appealed to people who had bought clocks of the same make in the past one and half months to report to police if they came across anything suspicious.
"We have got some vital clues but cannot share them at this point of time," he said.
Two more police teams were sent outside Malegaon for investigations on Thursday. "We are coordinating with other teams who are already outside Malegaon for investigations," he said.
"The third and final forensic report from a lab in Hyderabad is expected on Friday evening. We have received forensic reports from a lab in Nashik and the Delhi-based NSG lab," Rajvardhan said.