|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
'Pak will take action if India gives proof'
October 03, 2006 18:34 IST
"India has a history of levelling such allegations but has never been able to prove any of them," Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz said in Islamabad on Monday when asked about India's assertion that ISI was involved in the July 11 blasts, for which it had also pledged to forward evidence.
Asked about the India-Pakistan joint anti-terror mechanism, Aziz said, "First of all we would like that the upcoming Foreign Secretary-level talks get underway and then talks on terrorism," Dawn daily reported.
Minister of State for Information Tariq Azim said Pakistan would take action if India provides evidence connected to Mumbai blasts. It will depend very much on what proof India provided, he told BBC.
"We will certainly investigate but so far our experience has been that a lot of rhetoric comes from India, lot of baseless accusation.
"I believe that Foreign Secretaries of Pakistan and India will take this up when they meet some time in November," he said. "I think the only way to resolve these things is to talk and not making the mere accusations across media. I think when they meet they will discuss these things. And if there is any evidence, if there is any proof that India can give us, we will certainly investigate," he added.