Rediff India Abroad
 Rediff India Abroad Home  |  All the sections

Search:



The Web

India Abroad




Newsletters
Sign up today!

Mobile Downloads
Text 67333
Article Tools
Email this article
Top emailed links
Print this article
Contact the editors
Discuss this article


Home > News > PTI

More arrests likely in Malegaon blasts

November 04, 2006 01:20 IST

Related Articles
Coverage: Terror strikes Malegaon
How peace was maintained in Malegaon

Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil has said more arrests are likely in connection with September's bomb blasts in Malegaon.

In an informal chat with reporters on Friday evening, Patil, who is also the Home Minister, said the police have gathered enough evidence to nail the accused in the case.

Police have so far arrested two persons connected with the blasts, which killed 31 persons and injured over 200 on September 8 in the powerloom town.

They have been booked under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act.

Police are looking out for three more suspects.



© Copyright 2006 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.
Share your comments

Advertisement






Copyright © 2006 Rediff.com India Limited. All Rights Reserved.