|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
UP: 5 killed in chlorine gas leak
March 29, 2006 18:15 IST
Five people were killed and over 50 fell unconscious following a leakage of chlorine gas at an industrial unit in Sonebhadra district Wednesday.
District Magistrate R P Singh said the leakage occurred Wednesday morning at Kanodia Chemical Industry.
Two of the deceased were identified as Kripashankar Gupta (40) and Shiv Vachan Gupta (38), he said.
The unconscious victims had been admitted to Hindalco Hospital.
Senior district officials were keeping a close watch on the situation.