|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Blasts: Government claims to have leads
July 12, 2006 14:46 IST
Last Updated: July 12, 2006 15:59 IST
The Central government on Wednesday claimed to have got some 'leads' on the Mumbai serial blasts that has as yet claimed the lives of about 190 suburban train passengers but remained tightlipped on who was responsible for it.
"We have leads about the Bombay blasts but no arrests have been made," Home Secretary V K Duggal told media persons after a meeting with Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel and top officials in New Delhi on beefing up security at airports.
"Though there is no possibility of terrorist attacks on vital and prime economic installations following the Mumbai blasts, all systems are being put in place to ensure security," he said.
Duggal said the number of security equipments, manpower, baggage and personal check-in systems were being put in place. Appealing to passengers to cooperate with security officials at the airports, Patel said: "Some concrete decisions have been taken (in regard to the security beef-up) and these will be implemented."
Later in the day, Maharashtra Director General of Police P S Pasricha too claimed that certain leads had been found in the case.