Rediff India Abroad
 Rediff India Abroad Home  |  All the sections

Search:



The Web

India Abroad




Newsletters
Sign up today!

Article Tools
Email this article
Top emailed links
Print this article
Contact the editors
Discuss this article

Home > News > Report

Yatra will go on: Naqvi

Onkar Singh in Mumbai | April 24, 2006 12:07 IST

Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, vice president of the Bharatiya Janata Party, has said that there is no question of cancelling the Bharat Suraksha Yatra and it will be completed as per schedule. Naqvi told rediff.com from Mumbai that stories appearing in the media about the fate of the Yatra are mere speculations.

"Some friends called me up saying that some stories attributed to me have been run by media saying that the yatra might be cancelled. This is not true. In fact both L K Advaniji, our former president and leader of the opposition and the party president Rajnath Singh have already resumed the yatra," he said.

Pramod Mahajan stable but critical

Both Advani and Rajnath had rushed to Mumbai aftergetting news that party general secretary Pramod Mahajan had been shot at by his younger brother.

"The disruption in the yatra was only for a day. The yatra was resumed after the senior leaders had visited Hinduja hospital where Pramodji is undergoing treatment," Naqvi clarified.

External link: I thought I knew Pramod, Pravin





Share your comments

Advertisement






Copyright 2006 Rediff.com India Limited. All Rights Reserved.