|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Two more arrests in Delhi blasts case
November 24, 2005 23:45 IST
Two more Lashkar-e-Tayiba activists have been arrested in connection with the Delhi serial blasts, raising the number of persons apprehended in the case to three.
Ghulam Ahmed Khan and Rafiq were arrested in Jammu and Kashmir by a Delhi police team on the basis of information provided by Tariq Ahmed Dar who was held earlier in November, police sources said.
The police team has been camping in the state since the October 29 explosions.
Khan, who was picked up in Srinagar, was produced before a local court in Delhi Thursday, which remanded him to police custody till December 7.
However, the four terrorists who triggered the blasts at three places killing 62 people and injuring 210 are still at large.
Curiously, senior police officials remained tightlipped about the arrests. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Ajay Kumar said, "I cannot comment on this."
Khan and Rafiq are believed to have been instrumental in arranging of funds for carrying out the blasts in Sarojini Nagar and Paharganj markets besides the one in a bus.
Dar had allegedly used Khan's bank account to receive funds through 'hawala' and other channels. In the last three months, Rs 68 lakh had passed through the account, way beyond Khan's means, the sources said.
Dar's police custody will come to an end Friday.