|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Jehanabad: 25 prisoners return
November 16, 2005 01:04 IST
Bihar Chief Secretary G S Kang on Tuesday said 25 out of total 387 prisoners who either escaped or were made hostages during the Jehanabad jail break incident have returned to their cells so far.
Mr Kang told newspersons here that 362 prisoners remained without a trace and police teams had launched a comprehensive search operation to locate them. The Maoists who stormed into the Jehanabad sub jail last Sunday, he claimed, captured only two or three activists of the banned Ranvir Sena.
He said the administration was successful in collecting some leads adding that some major breakthrough was expected shortly.
He also said inspector general of prisons Anand Kishore would camp at Jehanabad from Wednesday.
Mr Kang said three separate first information reports had been filed with Town police station in the jailbreak incident and IG (Operations) S K Bhardwaj was supervising combing operation launched against extremists following the incident.