Rediff India Abroad
 Rediff India Abroad Home  |  All the sections

Search:



The Web

India Abroad




Newsletters
Sign up today!

Article Tools
Email this article
Top emailed links
Print this article
Contact the editors
Discuss this article

Home > News > Report

Bomb scare case turning into blind chase

December 19, 2005 21:55 IST

Police are yet to zero-in on the e-mail mastermind who prompted the largest ever security drill at the Parliament House on Friday, despite the efforts of an expert team from New Delhi in Tamil Nadu since Saturday.

Also Read


Bomb scare in Parliament complex

Parliament scare: Team rushed to TN


Though several people have been questioned no arrests have been made as no evidence has been found so far, a senior police officer said.

''We are mainly banking on the local police there who are coordinating investigation efforts with our team.'' Not much maneuvering is possible from our side due to the language problem, he said.

Moreover, the case has got complicated as the cyber cafe in Tirunelveli (Tamil Nadu) from where the bomb scare e-mail purportedly originated, does not maintain a logbook of visitors.

''So it is almost turning out to be a blind case with no leads,'' he said.

A four-member team of the Special Cell had left for Tirunelveli on Saturday after it was confirmed that the e-mail, which triggered the panic at the Parliament, had emanted from the district town in Tamil Nadu.


UNI


Share your comments

Advertisement






Copyright 2005 Rediff.com India Limited. All Rights Reserved.