Home > News > Information You Can Use
BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Maths, Physics
March 09, 2004 12:32 IST
Chennai Mathematical Institute: Admission 2004
The Chennai Mathematical Institute invites applications for the following programmes:
· BSc (Honours) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year integrated course).
· BSc (Honours) in Physics (3 year course)
· MSc in Mathematics (2 year course)
· MSc in Computer Science (2 year course)
· PhD in Mathematics
· PhD in Computer Science
About the courses
The courses are conducted by the Institute with the cooperation of the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, and the School of Mathematics, TIFR, Mumbai.
The BSc and MSc degrees are awarded by Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University. The PhD degrees are awarded by University of Madras and BITS, Pilani.
· BSc: 12th standard or equivalent.
· MSc (Math): BSc (Math)/B Math/B Stat/B Tech
· MSc (Computer Science): BE/B Tech/BSc (Computer Science) or BSc (Math) with a strong background in Computer Science
· PhD (Math): BE/B Tech/BSc (Math)/MSc (Math)
· PhD (Computer Science): BE/B Tech/MSc(Computer Science)/MCA
For all the programmes, applicants shortlisted based on their scholastic record will be required to take an entrance examination to be held in Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi, on Monday, May 31, 2004. In addition, selection for PhD will involve an interview at Chennai.
How to apply
To obtain the application forms and information brochures, send a DD for Rs 250 in favour of the Chennai Mathematical Institute, payable at Chennai, to the Chennai Mathematical Institute, 92 G N Chetty Road, Chennai 600 017.
Web site: www.cmi.ac.in
The last date for collecting application forms is April 12, 2004.
The last date for submitting completed application forms is April 30, 2004.