Home > News > Information You Can Use
Norwegian Government Scholarships for 2004-2005 (Research Programmes)
January 12, 2004 09:55 IST
Norwegian Government Scholarships for 2004-2005 (Research Programmes)
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Secondary and Higher Education, invites typed applications (complete in all respect) in duplicate in the prescribed format for nomination up to three for Norwegian Government Scholarship for 2004-2005.
The Government scholarships are designed to promote contact and mobility between Norwegian and foreign students or researchers and institutions of higher learning and research.
The Scholarships are intended to finance a temporary stay, and not a complete education in Norway. The Scholarship is for a period ranging from one to 10 months that is a maximum of one academic year. The Scholarship Pool is tenable at public universities, research institutions, colleges and other institutions at university level in Norway.
The programme is open to all areas of academic studies and research, including applied and performing arts in the following subject fields:
1. Gender and Development.
2. International Community Health.
3. Special Needs Education.
4. International Fisheries Management.
Duration: Not exceeding 10 months.
Eligibility: A Bachelor's degree in the relevant subject field with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate. Candidates having 60% or more marks at higher level of studies but having less than 60% marks at the minimum qualifying level will not be considered.
Where grades are mentioned candidates must indicate the conversion formula adopted by the University/Institution.
Age Limit: Not more than 40 years as on January 20, 2004.
Applicants are required to enclose a letter of invitation from a host institution in Norway where they wish to study or carry out research with their applications.
Value of Scholarships:
a. NOK 8.000 per month for candidates who hold a Bachelors/Masters degree.
b. NOK 10.000 per month for candidates who are PhD students/hold a Doctoral degree/is conducting research on an advanced level.
In addition each category will receive NOK 7.000 for the first month for initial expenses.
For the first category the scholarship is exempted from tax. For the second category the scholarship holder might be required to pay income tax.
a. The scholarship is not intended to provide for family support. Scholarship holders will (in most cases) be able to get a room at student hostels.
b. The Norwegian Scholarship authorities do not cover the candidates travel costs to and from India/Norway.
1. Each application must consist of the following for documents in English:
a. Letter of recommendation.
b. Letter of invitation from a Norwegian host institution (if any).
c. List of publications (if applicable).
2. The following must be attached with the application Fellowships/Scholarships:
a. Attested copies of all degrees/diplomas/certificates etc.
b. Attested copies of the certificates certifying date of birth.
c. Attested copies of marks sheets of the qualifying examination.
d. No Objection Certificate from the employer, if employed.
e. A recent passport size photograph of candidate to be affixed on the prescribed application form.
a. Candidates with equivalent foreign degree will also be considered.
b. Candidates should have sufficient knowledge of India and the donor country.
c. Candidates must furnish a clear and precise programme of study/research.
d. Applications in the subject fields other than those specified above will not be considered.
e. Candidates who have already been abroad for study/specialization/training for more than six months on a scholarship or on their own are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after their return from abroad. However, the scholars who have proceeded under the scheme of Scholarships for Study Abroad before 1991 have to complete five years stay in India on their return before applying for the scholarship.
3. Selected candidates will be required to execute a bond with surety, to return to India immediately on completion of training with other conditions including stay in India for two years.
4. Mere fulfillment of minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview.
5. While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad candidates should mention the specific dates.
6. Applications in subject fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
7. Candidates who do not possess the essential qualifications need not apply.
8. Incomplete applications and applications received late after the stipulated date will not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
9. Documents submitted with the applications will not be returned. Hence, candidates are advised to send only attested copies of the certificates.
10. In case a candidate who has applied receives no interview letter, it may be presumed that he/she has not been selected. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
11. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final. No representations in this regard will be entertained.
12. Mere nomination of a candidate by the Government of India does not guarantee final selection or placement in the donor country. The donor country will make its own selection from among the nominees recommended.
Candidates should apply for the above scholarship on plain paper with a recent passport size photograph, furnishing the details/particulars indicated in the prescribed format to the Section Officer, Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Secondary & Higher Education) Scholarship Division (ES.5 Section), A-1/W-3, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi 110001 by January 20, 2004 (1730 hours).
Application forms can also be downloaded from the Department's website www.education.nic.in
Last date for receipt of completed application forms: January 20, 2004.
Online application may be accepted provided hard copy of the application with enclosures (attested copies of certificates, marks-sheet etc.) reaches the Ministry within one week after the last date.
Affix Passport size Photo and signature across it.
1. Name of the Scholarship Scheme: Norwegian Government Scholarship 2004-2005.
3. Name of Candidate (in block letters):
4. Full Mailing address with phone and fax numbers: (a) Present Address (b) Permanent Address
6. Father's Name
7. Date of birth, age in years and months:
State to which the candidate belongs:
8. Academic qualifications in the form of a table from High School/Higher Secondary Academic onwards. Include particulars such as subject, class/division, name of institution, year, rank/prizes, etc.
Note: Where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, the conversion formula adopted may be given.
9. Details of Professional/Practical training and research experience specifying the period and number of papers published.
10. Previous employment with name of the employer and period of employment, if any:
11. Nature of the present employment with date of appointment, designation and the name and address of the employers:
12. Have you been abroad? If so, give full particulars of the country and the period. Also, mention the year and month of return to India:
13. Proposed Programme of Study/Research/Training, specifying:
i. The work presently engaged in:
ii. Nature and Programme of Study/Research desired:
iii. Future plans/prospects after the proposed studies/research:
iv. How are these related to the technical or economical development of India:
Signature of the candidate
(a) I hereby, undertake to bear the cost of international and local travel in Norway on my own if selected for Scholarship offered by the Government of ______________
Signature of the Candidate
(b) In the event of selection of ___________ for Scholarship against the offer of scholarship by the Government of ___________ the cost of international travel (both ways) and local travel in Norway will be borne by __________.
(Name of the sponsor)
Signature of the sponsor
(Strike out whichever is not applicable)
More Information You Can Use