| Latest News on mobile: sms NEWS to 7333|
Home > News > PTI
Chronology leading to Bharat Shah judgment
September 30, 2003 14:32 IST
Following are the highlights of the case of alleged Bollywood nexus with underworld:
- Police record 32 telephonic conversations between producer Nasim Rizvi, financier Bharat Shah and Pakistan-based gangster Chhota Shakeel during the period October 27, 2000 to November 30, 2000.
- Police record telephonic talk between Shakeel and four film personalities -- Sanjay Dutt, Mahesh Manjrekar, Sanjay Gupta and Harish Sughand on November 14, 2000.
- Accused Nasim Rizvi is arrested on December 12, 2000.
- Accused Abdul Rahim Allah Baksh is arrested on December 20, 2000.
- Accused Bharat Shah is arrested on January 8, 2001.
- Dubai-based businessman Mohammed Shamshuddin alias Bhatija is arrested on December 19, 2001 from Chennai airport and brought to Mumbai for trial.
- Accused Bharat Shah gets bail on April 3, 2002 on a Supreme Court directive. Earlier his bail was rejected eight times in lower court and High Court.
- Mumbai high court rejects bail of Nasim Rizvi on August 12, 2002.
- Prosecution examines 72 witnesses. Fourteen of them turn hostile.
- Court frames charges against Shah, Rizvi, Mohammed Shamshuddin and Abdul Rahim Allah Baksh on July 13, 2001.
7333: The Latest News on Your Mobile!
More reports from Maharashtra
Read about: Telgi case | Mumbai blasts
|© Copyright 2005 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.|