Home > News > PTI
NCW alleges sex racket in Bhopal, seeks CBI probe
October 21, 2003 22:08 IST
Accusing three senior Indian Administrative Service officers, a top bank official and a journalist of sexually exploiting a school principal in Madhya Pradesh, the National Commission for Women on Tuesday demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the case.
The victim had approached the NCW in September 2003 after failing to get help from the police.
NCW chairperson Poornima Advani alleged that the racket began six years ago when a Bhopal journalist called the victim to his home on the pretext of introducing her to his wife.
At his residence, he raped the victim, forced her to drink alcohol and took photographs of her in the nude. Since then, the journalist had been blackmailing her and exploiting her sexually.
For the last three years, he had been taking her to meet the accused IAS officers in prominent hotels.
"Our probe has revealed only the tip of the iceberg. There is need for a larger investigation," Advani said while demanding that the records of these hotels be seized immediately.
"As the accused include three senior influential IAS officers and a bank official, an unbiased investigation by the state police is not possible," she said and demanded a probe by an independent agency like the CBI.
She also demanded arrest of the accused, their suspension from service and declaring them unfit for other postings besides reasonable compensation to the victim from the state government.