Home > News > Information You Can Use
Photo Contest On National Highways
October 03, 2003 19:40 IST
Photo Contest On National Highways
The National Highways Authority of India is organising a National Photo contest. The theme of the contest is National Highway.
The photographs may relate to any aspect of the Golden Quadrilateral project, which entails expansion of the existing highways along nearly 6,000 km of the Golden Quadrilateral linking Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and also along the 7,300 km long corridors that connect Srinagar in the North to Kanyakumari in the south, with a Salem-Cochin Spur and Silchar in the East to Porbandar in the West.
Contestants are free to capture any modern highway facility in India and any aspect of human interest and endeavour, related to the National Highway.
The prizes will be as follows:
1st Prize: Rs 50,000.
2nd Prize (two): Rs 24,000 each.
3rd Prize (three): Rs 10,000 each.
20 Consolation Prizes: Rs 3,000 each.
There will also be two special prizes of Rs 5,000 each for the photographs related to National Highways in the North-East and Jammu & Kashmir.
Certificates of merit will be awarded to other photographs judged on merit.
Rules of the contest:
1. No entry fee.
2. Competition is open to all, except employees of National Highways Authority of India and the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India.
3. Each participant can send up to four entries. The size of the prints should be 20 x 25 cm (8"10"), 25 x 30 cm (10" x 12") or 30x37.5 cm (12"x15").
4. Each entry should carry the participant's name, nationality, postal address, brief caption and details of the stretch covered in the photograph, along with other technical details on the back of the photograph in block letters.
5. An undertaking to the effect, that all photographs are works of original nature and taken by the participant himself/herself, should be enclosed, duly signed.
6. All the entries received for the National Photo contest and original negatives of prizewinning entries will be the exclusive property of the NHAI. NHAI will have the exclusive right to use them.
7. Photographs received for the contest will not be returned.
8. NHAI will not be responsible for any damage or loss in transit or otherwise.
9. Entries will be adjudged by an eminent jury whose decision will be final and binding.
10. All the prizewinners must handover the original negatives of the photographs, before receiving the prize.
Last date for submitting entries: November 30, 2003.
Entries complete in all respects, may be sent to: General Manager (Administration), National Highways Authority of India, Plot No G-5 & G-6, Sector-10, Dwarka, New Delhi 110 045.
E-mail: sloganathan @nhai.org
Web site: http://www.nhai.org
MBA from the Ohio-Manipal School of Business
Ohio-Manipal School of Business invites applications for a fully residential, 18-month MBA program comprising six academic quarters. The programme offers students the option to spend the final quarter of study at the home campus of Ohio University in the US.
Admissions: Applicants are required to appear for the OMSB test in Bangalore on November 2, 2003. Students with previous XAT/CAT/GMAT scores will also be considered for admission. Selected candidates will have to attend a personal interview and group discussion.
How To Apply: Application form and brochure is available on request at http://www.ohiomanipal.edu
Completed applications should be sent to Ohio-Manipal School of Business along with a demand draft for Rs 500 in favour of Manipal Education Network payable at Bangalore.
Last date for receiving applications: October 25, 2003.
Address: The Admissions Coordinator, Ohio-Manipal School of Business, Allalasandra, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560 065, Telephone: (080) 8563865/8560186, Fax: (080) 8563898, E-mail: email@example.com
More Information You Can Use