|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
August 25 suspects to be paraded before witnesses
October 02, 2003 14:42 IST
A special court has allowed the Mumbai police to hold identification parade for three suspects in the August 25 twin blasts case, although they have not been arrested so far.
The suspects -- Sayyed Hanif, his wife Fahmida Sayyed and Arshad Shafique Ansari -- will be paraded before witnesses sometime this week, police sources said on Thursday.
Special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said the parade is being held in the fairness of investigations.
The trio has been arrested under the Prevention of Terrorism Act in the Ghatkopar bomb blast case.
They have yet to be arrested in connection with the twin blasts of August 25, which occurred near Zaveri Bazaar and Gateway of India.
The suspects are lodged in judicial custody and investigations are on. They are also accused of being involved in a case of recovery of explosive substances from suburban Andheri recently.
Nasir, the mastermind behind the August 25 blasts, was killed in a police encounter recently while Hanif's daughter and co-accused Farheen is in a remand home as she is a minor.
More reports from Maharashtra
Read about: Telgi case | Mumbai blasts