Home > News > Information You Can Use
Israeli Government Scholarships
December 20, 2003 01:01 IST
Israeli Government Scholarships 2004-2005
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Secondary & Higher Education, invites applications from Indian nationals on plain paper in the prescribed format for the Israeli Government Scholarship tenable from October 2004 to study at an Israeli University or any Institution of higher education in Israel.
The four scholarships are for research/specialization for 8 months in the following subjects:
1. Comparative Study (with specific reference to Judaism)
2. Middle East Studies
3. Hebrew language and literature
4. History of the Jewish People
5. International Relations
Age: Candidate should be less than 35 years as on September 30, 2004.
Agriculture: Masters degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate with two years experience as on January 2, 2004.
For all other subjects: Masters degree with 55% marks in aggregate.
Candidate should have good knowledge of English or Hebrew language.
Candidates awaiting the results of the qualifying examination may apply provided the results are declared by January 2, 2004.
Value of Scholarship: The Scholarships will cover tuition fee, monthly allowance/or stipend, up to 600$ approximately (terms and conditions apply) and health insurance (except for dental care and chronic diseases). Cost of dormitories (where available) will be deducted from the monthly allowance. The scholarship allowance covers expenses only for students. No dormitory arrangements for families are available. Transportation and travel arrangements from India to Israel and back are the applicant's responsibility.
Application Procedure: Application on plain paper as per the prescribed format with the required photocopies of documents with a recent passport size photograph affixed on the application should reach the Section Officer, Es 3 Section, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Secondary & Higher Education, A1/W3, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi 110001 by January 2, 2004.
Applications can also be submitted online by visiting the department web site: www.education.nic.in
1. The following must be attaching with the application:
a. Attested copies of the mark-sheet of the qualifying examination and birth certificate.
b. Attested copies of all other degree/diploma/certificate etc.
c. Where grades are mentioned, the candidate must indicate the conversion formula adopted by the University/Institution and should indicate equivalent percentage of marks.
2. Equivalent foreign degree will be considered.
3. MPhil will be treated as one year's research experience unless a certificate from the University is enclosed stating the duration of the MPhil Course in that University.
4. Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years after their return from abroad as on January 2, 2004. Applications of candidates who are abroad will not be considered.
5. Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, culture and heritage of Israel and India.
6. Application in subject-fields, other than those prescribed, will not be considered. Separate applications should be submitted if applying for more than one subject. All required documents must be attached with each application. Applications in which the subject has not been indicated shall be rejected.
A candidate can apply for only one level of scholarship, that is 8 months research/specialization or post-doctoral studies for each subject. In case, a candidate applies for more than one level for the same subject, his application received later shall be rejected.
7. Employed candidates must send their applications through their employers with a No Objection Certificate. However, an advance application can be submitted with the understanding that the application through employer should reach before the date of interview. Advance application must be complete in all respects.
8. Candidates must attach with the application a description in at least 500 words of his project/proposal of study/research to be undertaken in Israel.
9. Incomplete or unsigned applications will not be considered.
10. Canvassing in any from will disqualify the candidature of the applicants.
11. While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad, candidate should mention the specific dates.
12. The decision of selection committee shall be final. No representation in this regard will be entertained.
13. The final selection of the nominated candidates rests with The Government of Israel.
14. Mere fulfillment of minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview. Interview letters are sent only to limited number of candidates after the committee of experts examines their applications.
1. Name of the Scholarship Scheme: Israeli Government Scholarship-2004-05.
2. i Subject (indicate any one of the subject)
ii Level of study [Tick (ă)]: 8 month research
3. Name of Candidate (in block letters):
4. Full Mailing address with Phone/Fax number.
a. Present Address:
b. Permanent Address:
c. Marital Status:
e. i. Telephone (with STD Code)
ii. Fax (with STD Code)
6. Father's Name:
7. Date of birth and age in years, months, and days as on 30.9.2003. State to which the candidate belongs:
8. Academic record starting from High School (Matriculation):
Name of the University/Board/ Institutions
Examinations Passed (Subject Taken)
Year of Passing
Division/Class with position, if any
Maximum marks and Marks secured for the entire degree
Percentage of marks obtained & position if any, (No rounding off)
Note: Where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, the conversion formula adopted may be given.
9. Details of professional/practical/training and research experience, if any specifying the period and the number of papers published.
10. Details of Present/Previous Employment after obtaining the prescribed qualification for eligibility.
Name of the organisation
Name of Employer
Date of joining
Date of Leaving
Scale of Pay
Reason for Leaving
11. Have you been abroad? If so, give full particulars:
a. Country/Countries visited:
b. Period of Stay:
c. Date, month and year of return to India:
d. Purpose of visit:
12. Proposed Programme of Study/Research and training specifying the following in at least 500 words (in a separate sheet, to be attached with the application):
i. Programme of study/research:
ii. Title of study/research:
iii. The work at present engaged in:
iv. How are these related to the technical/academic/economical development of India:
Signature of the candidate
a. I, hereby, undertake to bear the cost of international travel (both ways) on my own if selected for scholarship offered by the Israeli Government.
Signature of the candidate
b. In the event of selection of _________________________________ for scholarship against the offer of scholarship by the Israeli Government, the cost of the International travel (both ways) will be borne by __________________________________________(name of the sponsor)
Signature of the candidate
More Information You Can Use