Home > News > PTI
Four bodies identified in Kumbh tragedy
August 28, 2003 10:45 IST
A day after 39 people were killed in a stampede during the shahi snan (royal both) at the Kumbh Mela in Nashik, four more bodies have been identified and handed over to relatives, official sources said on Thursday.
Helpline nos: 0253 - 2573936 0253-2576106
The victims have been identified as Seetadevi Saken (55), Ramaswardevi Rajkishorsingh Saken (55), Sumitradevi Saken (53) all from Bihar and Selewala Mohanty (70) from Kolkata, the sources said adding the relatives of the dead had been paid a sum of Rs 5,000 as compensation.
Two of the deceased were on Wednesday identified as Indiraben Patel from Surat and Shanti Das from Jammu and Kashmir.
On Wednesday, the injured had been rushed to the Nashik Civil Hospital, Panchvati Hospital (0253-2518090) and the Indira Gandhi Hospital (0253-2621331).
Deputy Prime Minister L K Advani who was scheduled to arrive in the city on Friday for 'sant darshan', would now attend a condolence meeting instead.
The next shahi snan (royal bath) is due on September one in Nashik and then on September seven at Trimbakeshwar.
Nashik Kumbh: The Complete Coverage
More reports from Maharashtra