rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Movies » Tom Cruise pays tribute to Top Gun director Tony Scott

Tom Cruise pays tribute to Top Gun director Tony Scott

Last updated on: August 21, 2012 16:22 IST

Tom Cruise pays tribute to Top Gun director Tony Scott

     Next

Next

Get your lowdown on what's going on in the world of Hollywood, right here!

Tom Cruise has expressed his condolences for director Tony Scott, who committed suicide by jumping off from Vincent Thomas Bridge in Los Angeles.
 
'Tony was my dear friend and I will really miss him,' Contactmusic quoted him as telling Us magazine.
 
Cruise, who played the lead role in Scott's Top Gun and Days of Thunder, said that his mark on the film industry cannot be measured.
 
'He was a creative visionary whose mark on film is immeasurable. My deepest sorrow and thoughts are with his family at this time,' he said.
 
Scott, 68, is said to have climbed a fence on the bridge and leapt to his death on August 19.
 
According to the Los Angeles Times, police found a suicide note in the filmmaker's office but did not disclose its contents.
 
He had recently finished shooting the drama Out of the Furnace, starring Christian Bale.


Image: Tom Cruise in Top Gun. Inset: Tony Scott


     Next

Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake 'marry secretly'

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel, who got engaged last Christmas, are said to have got married in a secret ceremony.

The Total Recall star got engaged to the singer in the ski resort of Jackson Hole and had recently revealed about not having planned anything for marriage.

But web gossip columnist Janet Charlton claimed on Saturday that the couple "pulled a fast one," the Sun reported.

'They are in the middle of their ceremony at a very fancy private estate,' she said.


Image: Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake
Photographs: Lucas Jackson/Reuters

Prev     Next

John Lennon's assassin set for seventh parole hearing

Prev     More
Prev

More

John Lennon's killer Mark David Chapman could have his seventh parole hearing, as early as Tuesday, it has been revealed.

New York Department of Corrections spokesperson, Linda Foglia said that Chapman is scheduled to be interviewed by the members of the parole board this week and that they would make a decision by Thursday or Friday, Channel 24 reported.

Chapman had shot the legendary singer in December 1980, outside the former Beatle's Manhattan apartment building.

He was sentenced in 1981 to 20 years to life in jail after pleading guilty to second-degree murder.

Chapman had been transferred in May, from the Attica Correctional Facility in western New York, to the nearby Wende Correctional Facility, both of which are maximum security.

Chapman had been denied parole for the sixth time in September 2010.


Image: John Lennon. Inset: Mark David Chapman


Prev     More
Source: ANI