Ford India on Tuesday launched Fusion Plus, a new variant in the Ford Fusion range, priced at Rs 616,500 and Rs 683,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The company claims that Fusion Plus offers consumers excellent value for money and the introductory offer on the Fusion Plus during the month of March includes an MP3 player with 4 speakers.
Fusion Plus was developed in response to consumer feedback, says a Ford statement. The car offers good 'headroom, legroom and shoulder room,' and comes with a height-adjustable driver's seat and power adjustable outside rear view mirrors.
The Fusion Plus has an all-new anti-lock braking system (ABS) that assists the driver during extreme braking situations, an added featured in the new variant to provide the driver with greater control.
The Fusion Plus carries additional features and styling enhancements such as 15-inch alloy wheels, body coloured outside rear view mirrors, body-colour bumpers, door handles, side moulding and deck lid. A Fusion+ badge is a final distinguishing touch to the new top-end variant.
It is available with either a 1.6-litre Duratec petrol engine or a 1.4-litre Duratorq TDCi turbodiesel engine.
Ford India has passed on the recent reduction in excise duty to benefit the consumer.
''We have enhanced the value equation of the Ford Fusion Plus with the inclusion of key features. But we were very careful to retain well known Fusion qualities such as superior performance and driving pleasure,'' said Scott McCormack, Ford India's vice president marketing, sales and service.
The 1.6 Duratec petrol engine of the Fusion Plus delivers 101PS at 6500rpm and 146Nm of torque at 3400rpm.
The Ford Fusion Plus is also available with the aluminum alloy 1.4L Duratorq TDCi engine delivering 68PS at 4000rpm. This turbodiesel engine makes no compromisesin offering economical fuel consumption and a healthy torque curve. Peak torque of 160NM is reached at 2000rpm. The 1.4-litre Duratorq TDCi engine offers almost 10 percent more torque than does the 1.6-litre Duratec petrol engine.
Fusion Plus exterior styling features:
- New body-colour bumper rub strips, door handles, side moulding and rear deck lid
- New body-colour rear view mirrors
- New 15-inch alloy wheels
- Flexible boot space
- "Lozenge" shaped headlamps with integrated turn indicators
Fusion Plus on-road driving features:
- Maneuverable turning radius of 4.9 metres is well suited to congested city conditions
- Best-in-class ground clearance of 198mm that offers excellent drive on Indian roads city or highway
- Economical 1.4-litre Duratorq TDCi turbodiesel engine -- producing 160Nm at 2000rpm
- Lively 1.6-litre Duratec petrol engine -- delivering 101PS at 6500rpm
Fusion Plus interior safety and comfort features:
- Height adjustable driver's seat
- Power adjustable rear view mirrors
- Anti lock braking systems (ABS)
- Power steering
- All Power windows
- Plush dual-tone interior
- Soft-touch dash panel
- Distance-to-empty indicator and a digital clock
- Approach lights (activated by key FOB) activates the vehicle's interior and exterior lights to illuminate the vehicle for additional safety in poorly lit, dark locations
- Tilt adjustable steering
- Smart starter and smart charger
- Intelligent rear wipers -- Rear wipers that come on automatically when the front wipers are on and you shift the car into reverse gear
- Height adjustable front and rear head rests
- Height adjustable front seat belts
- Front 12-volt accessory power socket
- Programmable keyless entry
- Over 10 innovative stowage spaces inside the car