Railway Minister Lalu Prasad announced introduction of 40 new trains, including eight Garib Raths, in the Rail Budget 2007-08 presented on Monday.
"We operate more than 9,000 passengers trains every day. In view of the increasing demand, I propose to introduce 40 new trains, including eight Garib Raths, from the year 2007-08," Prasad said presenting his fourth consecutive budget.
The Minister has announced more new and comfortable coaches. The number of berths will be increased from 72 to 84 in sleeper coaches. He also announced 800 more compartments in exisiting trains.
The new trains announced by the Railway Minister are:
1. Shri Chhatrapati Sahu Maharaj Terminus, Kolapur-Ahmedabad Express (Weekly).
2. Howrah-Rampurhat Express (Daily).
3. Jhansi-Kanpur Express (Daily).
4. Pune-Gorakhpur Express (Weekly).
5. Delhi-Shamli DEMU (Daily).
6. Bapudham Motihari-Varanasi (Tri-Weekly).
7. Bikaner-Jaisalmer Express (Two pairs) (Daily).
8. Mumbai-Aurangabad Janshatabdi Express (Six days in a week).
9. Bhagalpur-New Delhi Express (Weekly).
10. Bijapur-Bagalkot Express (Six days in a week).
11. Allahabad-Mathura Express (Daily).
12. Nasik-Pune Express (Daily).
13. Coimbatore-Nagercoil Express via Madurai (Daily).
14. Bhubaneshwar-Rameshwaram Express (Weekly).
15. Gorakhpur-Yeswantpur Express (Weekly).
16. Yeshwantpur-Chennai Express (Two pairs) weekly
17. Farrukhabad-Kasganj Express (Two pairs) Daily.
18. Indore-Amritsar Express (Weekly).
19. Chennai-Egmore-Nagore Express (daily).
20. Rewa-Jabalpur Intercity Express (Daily).
21. New Delhi-Sahibabad EMU Service (Daily).
22. Banka-Bhagalpur Passenger (Six days in a week).
23. Chennai-Egmore-Rameshwaram Express (Six days in week)
24. Chhapra-Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Jansadaran Express via Siwan, Gorakhpur (Weekly).
25. Mumbai-Ajmer/Udaipur Express (Six days in a week).
26. Solapur-Bagalkot Express (Six days in a week).
27. Ajmer-Ratlam Express (Daily two pairs).
28. Vadodara-Bhilad Express (Daily).
29. Patna-Dehri-on-Sone Intercity Express (Daily).
30. Gandhidham-Palanpur Express (Daily).
31. Lucknow Jn-Saharanpur Express (Daily) in lieu of Lucknow-Saharanpur Link Express
32. Jabalpur-Delhi Via Itarsi (Two days in a week).
The Eight Garib Raths are:
1. Secunderabad-Yesvantpur (Tri-Weekly).
2. Jaipur-Bandra Terminus via Ahmedabad (Tri-Weekly).
3. Kolkata-Patna (Tri-Weekly).
4. Bhubaneshwar-Ranchi (Tri-Weekly).
5. Thiruvananthapuram-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (Bi-weekly)
6. Kolkata-Guwahati (Bi-Weekly).
7. New Delhi-Dehradun (Tri-Weekly)
8. Raipur-Lucknow Junction. (Bi-Weekly).