What is your listening strategy? Tell us!
Narendra Modi, by all accounts, is a fantastic listener.
The prime minister listens intently to all points presented at meetings before he takes a measured decision.
What is your listening strategy?
- Do you make your point forcefully at meetings to highlight your presence, enjoying the music of your own voice and ignoring what others have to say?
- Or do you choose to listen very carefully to everything that is being said at meetings, only speaking up when called to?
- How important is listening at meetings in your opinion?
- Do you think it is really useful?
- Or do you think it is pointless to listen to meaningless speeches being made by colleagues, preferring to play with your smartphone instead?
Tell us what your listening strategy is.
In 3 or 5 easy-to-understand points. You could help other readers learn how listening can help them get ahead in their careers.
Mail your responses to email@example.com (subject line: Listening Strategies) and we will publish the best one here on Rediff.com.