ModelSpeak: How to get a flawless skin this summer
It's summer and model Rachel Bayros tells you, our dear readers, how to keep your skin glowing!
How does a fashion model keep her skin healthy and glowing?
What does she make of the business she is in?
Rachel Bayros opens up!
On how to get flawless glowing skin
- Your facial skin is very sensitive.
- So it's crucial you pay extra attention to it
- Use sunscreen every. single. day.
- Even if you don't like harsh summer sun, ensure you bask in the sunlight between 8 and 11 am or 4 and 6 pm.
- Hydrate your skin.
- Drink as much water as your body can take.
- Since the skin pores open the most during this time of the year and you tend to sweat more, drinking lots of water comes naturally.
- Stay happy! Because if you're happy, it shows! The happiness radiates through your face and skin!
- A healthy mind and a balanced soul takes you a long, long way.
On why she loves her job
- I love my job. I am passionate about it.
- It also gives me an opportunity to role-play different things every single day because you have different designers, different make-ups, looks.
- A designer comes with a vision for how his creation would look on you and s/he gives you an opportunity to showcase that to the audience makes me feel great.
On her style statement
- I love comfort.
- I love cottons, linens, anything that makes me feel nice.
- For me style is something that comes with comfort and edge.
- Your personality has to speak through your style.
- Your style should never overshadow your personality.
On her favourite fashion designer(s)
- I really like simple cuts but also slightly structured and lovely colours. For that reason I love Rajesh Pratap Singh.
- I like Wendell Rodricks too.
- And of course Sabyasachi Mukherjee because he is ethnic in so many different ways.
On the one model who inspires her
- I admire Sapna Kumar.
- She is very focused on her work and she looks a million bucks!
Image: Rachel Bayros
Photographs: Prasanna D Zore/Rediff.com