Mustard oil recipe: Potato and parwal sabzi
We'd asked you, dear readers, to share recipes cooked in mustard oil.
Here, Nalini Kudalkar tells us how to make this crispy and spicy mustard oil recipe.
Potato and Parwal Sabzi
- 250 gms boiled potato
- 150 gms parwal (pointed gourd)
- Onions sliced (optional)
- 2 to 3 tomatoes pureed
- 3 to 5 curry leaves
- 3-5 garlic crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilly powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
For tadka (optional)
- 2-3 tsp mustard oil
- Cut the parwal length-wise and coat it with turmeric and chilly powder.
- Fry it in mustard oil till crispy.
- Mash the boiled potato and add salt and garam masala powder.
- In a heating pan take some mustard oil.
- Add crushed garlic and curry leaves in to it.
- Add tomato puree.
- Saute till it turns slightly brown.
- Add the boiled potato mixture and fried parwal strips.
- Heat under medium flame till the mixture becomes dry and semi solid.
- For additional aroma, you may add hot mustard oil tadka over the dry sabzi.
- Serve hot with chapatti, dosa, bread or khichdi.
Do you have a recipe that is cooked in mustard oil? Email your recipe to email@example.com (Subject: Mustard Oil Recipes), along with your name, city and a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll feature the best ones on Rediff.com!