Recipe: How to make Mango Mojito
We had asked you, dear readers, to share your best mango recipes. Here’s a summer cooler from Rama Muralidharan.
Mango Mojito, a super cool summer drink you can enjoy even when mangoes are not in season.
Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients (Serves 1)
2 tbsp Mango Mojito concentrate
1/2 lemon cut in wedges
4-5 mint leaves
1 tbsp Crystal salt
200 ml. soda water
For the mango concentrate
6 raw mangoes
3 cups sugar
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp black salt
2 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- Boil the raw mangoes in pressure cooker. Peel them and remove the pulp. Blend it smooth (without adding water)
- In a pan boil 1 cup of water to make a thick sugar syrup adding the 3 cups of sugar. Let it cool.
- Mix the sugar syrup, mango pulp, salt, black salt and cumin powder.
- Store this concentrate in small bottles. Refrigerate for 15 days. You can freeze it in small batches for up to 6 months.
- Chill a glass in the freezer. Wet the rim of the glass with lemon slice and dip the rim in crystal salt.
- In the glass muddle the lemon wedges and mint leaves well. Add the mango Mojito concentrate. Mix well. Remove the lemon wedges.
- Add the soda and ice and garnish with mint/ cilantro leaves.
Tip: You can use water instead of soda too.
Dear Readers, send us your best mango recipes to email@example.com (with subject line 'Best Mango Recipe').
We will publish your mouth-watering mango recipes on Rediff.com :)
Image: Mango Mojito
Photographs: Rama Muralidharan