Monsoon recipe: Almond and Broccoli Soup
Here's an easy-to-make soup, perfect for a wet monsoon day!
Chef Anuradha Madhusudhanan runs tattva Gourmet Organic Kitchen that was started to give a twist to boring and tasteless organic food.
She shares here with us this recipe for Almond and Broccoli Soup.
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 650 gm broccoli
- 3 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Spread ground almonds evenly on baking sheet/tray.
- Toast until golden brown.
- Reserve a quarter of the toasted almonds for garnish.
- Cut Broccoli into small florets.
- Boil water and pour over Broccoli, with salt and vinegar, and cover for 10 mins.
- Drain water, and if broccoli not yet tender, steam for 3-4 mins, until tender.
- Blend broccoli, remaining almonds, stock and milk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the pureed soup into a serving bowl and sprinkle with reserved almonds.
Share your monsoon recipes with us!
Write in to email@example.com with a detailed recipe and a photograph (Subject: Monsoon recipes) and we will publish the best responses right here on Rediff.com
Image: Almond and Broccoli Soup
Photographs: Courtesy Chef Anuradha Madhusudhanan/tattva Gourmet Organic Kitchen