Mango recipe: How to make Mamidikaya Pachadi
We had asked you, dear readers to share your best mango recipes. Today we bring you a raw mango recipe sent to us by N Murali.
Mamidikaya Pachadi, also known as Mamidikaya Thokku is more like an instant pickle/chutney made with raw mangoes.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 cup chopped raw mango pieces
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 garlic pod skin peeled
- 1/4 tsp roasted jeera-methi powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dry coconut powder
- 1 tsp oil for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin and mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- Boil mango pieces, cook until tender.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Now mix all the ingredients (except mango pieces and seasoning ingredients) and grind coarsely.
- Add mango pieces and grind coarsely.
- Taste will be retained only when grounded coarsely.
- In a pan heat some oil and add cumin and mustard seeds. Add curry leaves.
- Pour it over the mango mixture.
- Serve with rice.
Dear Readers, send us your best mango recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line 'Best Mango Recipe').
We will publish your mouth-watering mango recipes on Rediff.com :)
Image: Mamidikaya Pachadi
Photographs: N Murali