ETS announces 21 TOEFL scholarships for Indian students
For the fourth consecutive year, Educational Testing Service (ETS), the creator of the TOEFL test has announced the launch of the 2013 TOEFL Scholarship Program in India.
The scholarship programme recognises students in India who excel academically and demonstrate well-rounded qualities such as participation in extracurricular activities, including community service.
ETS will recognise 21 deserving students in India by awarding a total of US$70,000 in funding for undergraduate or graduate study in country and/or overseas for the 2013 academic school year.
This year, one US$10,000 TOEFL scholarship and twenty US$3,000 TOEFL scholarships will be awarded to students in India.
Who can apply
To be eligible for the 2013 TOEFL Scholarship Program, individuals must:
- Currently live in India
- Complete the online scholarship application (new this year) and upload academic transcripts
- Hold a grade point average of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale, or a 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4-point scale
- Begin an undergraduate or graduate degree in 2013 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL Destinations Directory (PDF)
- Have a valid TOEFL test score used as a requirement for admission into an undergraduate or graduate program
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills and an overall well-rounded portfolio with extracurricular activities, including community service
Where to apply
Interested students can log on to www.ets.org/toefl/scholarships
Scholarship applications must be received by April 30, 2013.
Winners will be notified in May 2013.