Reader recipe: Aloo Gobi Saada Sabji in mustard oil
We'd asked you, dear readers, to share recipes cooked in mustard oil.
Dr Ramendra Narain Singh from Patna, Bihar has sent us this recipe of Aloo Gobi Saada Sabji cooked in mustard oil. You can share yours too!
Aloo Gobi Saada Sabji
- Three medium sized potatoes
- One small cauliflower
- One large tomato chopped
- One onion chopped
- One tsp ginger-garlic grated
- A fistful of coriander leaves
- Three to four green chillies finely chopped
- Two tsp mustard oil
- Two gms cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes and dice them.
- Wash and dice the cauliflower to match the size of potatoes or slightly larger.
- Heat two tsp mustard oil in a pan.
- Add green chillies, cumin seeds and onion.
- Saute it for a few minutes until the onion is cooked.
- Add the potatoes and saute for up to three minutes.
- Add cauliflower and saute for up to three minutes.
- Add just enough water to soak the vegetables.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on slow fire till the vegetables are tender.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the grated ginger-garlic and coriander leaves.
- Bring to a boil and remove from fire.
- Serve hot with rice, roti or puris.
Do you have a recipe that is cooked in mustard oil? Email your recipe to email@example.com (Subject: Mustard Oil Recipes), along with your name, city and a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll feature the best ones on Rediff.com!
Image: Aloo Gobi Saada Sabji
Photographs: Dr Ramendra Narain Singh