How well do you know your partner? Take this quiz designed by Rabbi Dr Jonathan Romain and find out for yourself!
Rabbi Dr Jonathan Romain, from the Maidenhead Synagogue, Berkshire claims to have devised a questionnaire based on 12 years of preparing couples for marriage to be able to help them figure out how well they know each other.
The Rabbi says that he asks couples to fill in these questionnaire without asking the other person and gets them to compare the answers.
He told The Times that just as important as getting the answers right or wrong are the 'don't knows' which suggest that the couple don't know each other very well. These aren't exactly red flags though he says.
The rabbi claims that he can reduce the odds of divorce to 16-1 with this 20-question quiz.
1. What is his/her favourite food?
2. Does he/she want to have a pet at some stage?
3. Does he/she have any allergies?
4. What was one of the happiest moments of his/her life before he/she met you?
5. What has been the saddest moment of his/her life so far?
6. Do he/she want children, and if so, how many and when?
7. How often does he/she like to visit his/her family?
8. What special family traditions do they have that he/she wishes to continue?
9. What type of holidays does he/she like best?
10. Does he/she believe in building up savings or spending what he/she earns?
11. Do you find it easy to know what birthday present to get him/her?
12. Where would he/she like to be living in a few years' time?
13. What person has most influence on him/her apart from you?
14. What is his/her greatest regret?
15. Does he/she want joint or separate bank accounts or both?
16. What type of education does he/she want for any children?
17. What is his/her ideal view of the future?
18. Are there any habits/characteristics of yours that he/she does not like?
19. What would you most like to change about him/her?
20. What are the main values he/she has?
If you got over 15 answers correct Great future ahead!
If you got 9-14 answers correct You're heading in the right direction, but need to start talking about deeper issues in each other's lives before making any commitments
If you got under 8 Put all plans on hold until you really know the person you think you know