PMRDF is an excellent opportunity for committed young people to contribute to enhancing development and welfare of the people in rural and tribal areas of the country.
Fellowship: Prime Minister's Rural Development Fellows Scheme (PMRDF)
Conducted by: Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India
The fellowship offers: The selected candidates will go through a three-month intensive training course including a 4-week internship in the preferred district. The fellows will be offered an attractive compensation that would include HRA, health insurance and other support. It is envisaged that the selection and training process and intensive development facilitation work at the village, block and district level as PMRDF will provide an exceptional growth potential.
The place of posting: http://rural.nic.in/pmrdfs/
Duration: Two years on a ﬁxed contract, extendable for one more year based on performance.
No. of positions: 180 (selected in two phases)
Eligibility: Candidate should be a postgraduate in either of Social Science/ Science/ Management fields or a graduate in Law/ Engineering/ Medicine. He/she should have knowledge of hindi and a local language used in an IAP district. Work experience is preferrable.
Age: Must be 25-30 years old
- Selection will be through an open advertisement process.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualifications and experience.
- Selection will be on the basis of the written synopsis; group discussions and interviews will be used to test the candidateʼs motivation, leadership, social and negotiating skills.
- Assessment of the applicant's intention to apply for the position will be based on the write up they submit with the application.
- The applicant can select a basic problem prevalent in the IAP district and offer solutions. The synoptic responses will also be used to ascertain the applicantʼs ability to write crisply and precisely.
How to apply: Apply online here: http://pmrdfs.tiss.edu/apply-now.php (Applicant will receive an acknowledgement of its receipt.)
Send copy of the application form with supporting documents on academic and extra-curricular activities, particularly in social work and relevant fields along with three recommendations, one of which should be from an academic institution.
Application deadline: December 4, 2011
Shortlisted candidates will be announced: December 23, 2011
For more details go to: http://rural.nic.in/pmrdfs/
Ministry of Rural Development
Government of India
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road,
New Delhi - 110001
Phone: 022 40110457