The November 16 storm has passed; the most awaited exam is over.
However, the battle is not over for most of the MBA aspirants across the nation. CAT is not the only test for MBA entrance, rather it is just the first one of the lot. Come November 23 (Sunday) test takers will sit for the most uncertain test of past two years -- the IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) Entrance examination. A look at IIFT 2006 and 2007 confirms this as in the past two years it offered maximum surprises for the test takers. IIFT is characterised by:
- Sections and sub-sections without sectional time limits.
- Decision to announce the sectional cut-offs by the test makers for the first time in 2006 onwards.
- Reduction in the number of sections and answer options from 5 to 4.
- About 75 per cent questions with no negative marking but the possibility of more than one answer option to be correct.
- Permission to the test takers to retain the test booklet.
Now, let's talk about what it takes to prepare for the IIFT entrance. Most of the concepts are more or less the same and praparation for CAT will be handy here. IIFT has Quant and DI integrated in one section itself, much like the FMA and XAT tests. In addition, if the IIFT 2006 and 2007 pattern is retained, there will be a minimum of 20 per cent questions from General Awareness.
At a stage when test takers need vital inputs for their IIFT entrance test praparation, TCY has gone that extra mile by providing the detailed solutions to IIFT 2006 and 2007 on www.TCYonline.com, plus the innumerable free online tests, revision notes and Test Generator on the website. Additionally, you may download and attempt the MOCK IIFT with answer keys by clicking on the following link:
Mock IIFT test