Home > Get Ahead > Living > Advisory
Can homoeopathy cure hairloss?
June 14, 2006
Still in your 20's but already losing hair!
Homoeopathy coupled with a healthy lifestyle, may be just the answer to your hair woes.
Homoeopathy expert Dr Mukesh Batra offers his solutions for this burgeoning problem.
Two months ago, I began losing hair on my forehead. I have strong hair and have never seen it fall this much. What must I do to prevent further hair loss?
-- Ganesh Gupta
There are various causes for sudden hair loss:
- High-grade fever
- Recent surgery
- Anaemia (deficiency of red blood cells)
- Protein deficiency
- Genetics (the most common cause of hair loss from the forehead and thinning at the vertex)
- Use of hard water for hair wash, or the use of harsh chemical based shampoos and cosmetic treatments.
- It can get aggravated by mental stress, smoking and alcoholism.
Homoeopathy has an answer for different types of hair loss depending on your age, the cause and severity of the problem. The treatment helps in reduction of hair fall, controlling the dandruff and reducing the rapidity of the recession.
In the mean time, take two doses of Weis 200 daily until your hair loss is under control. Consult your local homeopath for specifics.
Choose healthy habits for your hair. A lifestyle that damages your body also damages your hair. Exercise, eat well and avoid smoking and alcohol, or at least cut back.
Here are two exercises that help in increasing the scalp circulation, which could, in turn, prevent excessive hair loss:
- Sit cross-legged on the floor with your hands behind your back, bend your head toward your right knee, count to five and repeat the same on the left side. Repeat this exercise at least five times on each side.
- A simpler exercise: Lie on your bed and keep your head hanging from the edge of the bed for two minutes, once a day. Avoid if you have vertigo.
My son has been allergic to milk/milk products and egg white since birth. His allergist has suggested total avoidance. Does Homoeopathy have any solutions to get rid of the food allergies?
Milk allergy or milk intolerance usually develops in early infancy.
You can give your child two doses of Aethusa Cynapium 200 daily for seven days. This will help to reduce your son's problem.
Also, kindly consult your local homeopathic doctor for the constitutional treatment that depends on the child's physical and mental status as well as the mother's mental status during the pregnancy.
A change in diet may be helpful. Unless properly monitored, diets with many restrictions can also contribute to nutritional problems in children.
Dr Mukesh Batra has over 30 years of experience in his field. He is the chairman and managing director of Dr Batra's Positive Health Clinic Private Limited. He is also professor emeritus at the College of Homeopathy, USA, the Hahnemann College of Homeopathy, UK, and honorary professor at the Homeopathic Medical Association, UK.
Homoeopathy tips from Dr Batra
Lifestyle tips to beat backaches