Home > Get Ahead > Careers > Information You Can Use
All India Agriculture Entrance Exam: May 28
March 08, 2005
What: The Indian Council of Agricultural Research announces the tenth All India Entrance Examination for admissions to its Undergraduate Programmes.
The following undergraduate programmes will be offered:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Home Science
- Dairy Technology
- Food Science & Technology
- Agricultural Marketing
- Banking & Co-operation
Examination Date: May 28.
Time: 10 am to 12.30 pm
Examination Centres: These will be listed in the Information Bulletin (information on how to get it mentioned below).
Are you eligible?
~ You must be an Indian national.
~ You must be at least 17 years old but under 23 years on or before December 31.
~ You must have obtained a minimum of 60 per cent marks in your 10+2 examinations.
~ You must have studied English at the 10+2 level, and have secured a minimum of 33 per cent marks.
~ You must have passed your Physics, Chemistry and Agriculture/ Biology/ Home Science/ Mathematics subjects separately.
~ You can also appear for the test if you are due to appear for your 10+2 examinations this year.
How to apply
~ Please request the Information Bulletin and application forms at the following address:
New Delhi -- 110 012
~ Please accompany your request along with a demand draft of Rs 450 drawn in favour of Deputy Director General (Education), ICAR, New Delhi, payable at New Delhi.
~ Your request must be accompanied by a self-addressed envelope (12" x 10") without postage.
~ You can avail the same in person on a cash payment of Rs 410 from any Syndicate Bank branch in New Delhi.
~ You can avail the Information Bulletins with application forms on a cash payment of Rs 410 at the following ICAR Institutes:
- Central Agricultural Research Institute, Port Blair (Andaman & Nicobar Islands)
- Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Versova, Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- ICAR Research Complex, Ela, Old Goa
- NDRI Karnal (Haryana)
- ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Umroi Road, Umiam (Meghalaya)
- National Academy of Agricultural Research & Management, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh).
~ You can also avail the Information Bulletin and application form in person on a cash payment of Rs 410 from the following State Agricultural Universities:
- Jorhat (Assam)
- Rajendra Nagar, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
- Kanke, Ranchi (Jharkhand)
- Mohanpur, District Nadia (West Bengal)
- Hisar (Haryana)
- Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)
- Nauni, Solan (Himachal Pradesh)
- Sardar Krushi Nagar, District Banaskantha (Gujarat)
- Pantnagar (Uttaranchal)
- Palampur (Himachal Pradesh)
- Raipur (Chhatisgarh)
- Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh)
- Vellanikkara, Thrissur (Kerala)
- Parbhani (Maharashtra)
- Rahuri (Maharashtra)
- Udaipur (Rajasthan)
- Faizabad (Uttar Pradesh)
- Bhubaneswar (Orissa)
- Ludhiana (Punjab)
- Krushinagar, Akola (Maharashtra)
- Bikaner (Rajasthan)
- Pusa, District Samastipur (Bihar)
- Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir)
- Srinagar (Jammu & Kashmir)
- Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
- Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Dharwad (Karnataka)
- Dapoli (Maharashtra)
- Nagpur (Maharashtra)
- Pundibari (Cooch Behar-West Bengal)
- Meerut (Uttar Pradesh)
- Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashuchikitsa Vigyan Vishwa Sansthan, Mathura (Uttar Pradesh)
- CAU Imphal (Manipur)
~ The sale of Information Bulletins with application forms starts on March 4.
~ The last date to request Information Bulletins with applications forms by post is April 4.
~ The last date to purchase Information Bulletin and application forms by cash from Syndicate Bank Branches in New Delhi and offices of the Registrars of State Agricultural Universities is April 8.
~ The last date to submit completed application forms at the Examination Cell, ICAR, is April 15.
The Controller of Examination (Education Division)
Room No 226
Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II
New Delhi --110 012
Web site: www.icar.org.in