Online shopping is the next big thing as people do not like to wait in the long queues near trial rooms or the billing counter. With festive season coming up, most online shopping portals are offering great discounts on almost all products like tshirts, shirts, tops, kurtis, accessories, furniture, gadgets, jewellery, home decor and more. Out of all the sites that offer huge discounts, only a few are genuine. How do you ensure that you are getting the best deals online? Here are a few tips that will make you a smart online shopper:
- Buy stuff only when you need it. The huge discounts will come and go. Avoid buying products just because they are being offered at a huge discount. Ask yourself whether you really need it.
- Once you have decided on your favourite product, compare the prices online on other reliable online shopping portals. It has been observed that major e-commerce players are playing a gimmick by raising the prices before a sale and offering discounts on the D-Day. Do not get carried away by glamorous advertisements. Compare prices before you buy.
- When you have found a portal offering the lowest price, you can look for discount coupons/promo codes which allow you to grab an additional discount on the same product.
- It is quite frustrating to see that your favourite product is out of stock or the website has crashed while you were browsing. Hence, it is advisable to shop online early in the morning or late in the night.
- Did you know? Hackers are quite active on these major sites during a big sale. You can play safe by opting for cash on delivery option as your preferred mode of payment.