|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Meet Boman Irani, super brain!
October 15, 2007 14:39 IST
How well do you know Bollywood? Well, that may a Rs 5000,000 question.
It's time to brush up on your filmi general knowledge for a chance to win the jackpot as yet another quiz show will be going on air from January 1 on the Sahara Filmy channel.
The contest, Bollywood Ka Boss, produced by Siddharth Basu, will be hosted by actor and funnyman Boman Irani.
Now, we couldn't help but wonder if Boman knew his movies well. So we put him to the test. Here's how he fared:
* What was Ashok Kumar lovingly called as?
Boman's answer, Dadamoni, was right.
* What did Guru Dutt start his career as?
Boman needed a little help with this one, so we gave him multiple choices. Finally, he got it right. The correct answer is choreographer.
* Which was Zohra Sehgal's first movie as an actress?
We couldn't get him with this googly! Boman's answer, Dharti Ke Lal, was spot-on!
* The song Aey Mere Pyaare Watan was from which movie?
Boman got it right again with Kabuliwala.
* What is Pran's surname?
Sikhand was the right answer. Boman was on a roll!
* Which actress did Dev Anand [Images] fall in love with before he married Kalpana Karthik?
Boman stumbled on this one. So we helped him out and gave him multiple choices. He got it right with Suraiya.
* Which film shot Sunil Dutt to fame?
Boman got it right with Mother India.
* With what movie did Aamir start his career?
Once again, Boman knew the answer, Yaadaon Ki Baraat.
Take a bow, Boman Irani. Looks like you are Bollywood ka boss!