Cricket South Africa (CSA) has decided not to comment on India's scheduled tour to South Africa until BCCI's Annual General Meeting takes place on September 29.
The announcement was made after a meeting place between CSA chief executive Haroon Lorgat and BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel in Dubai on Tuesday night.
"I am happy to say that we had a constructive meeting and I would like to thank Sanjay for his friendliness and support in trying to find a way forward," Lorgat said in a statement.
"After listening to Sanjay, it is clear that we will now have to wait for the BCCI's AGM to be completed before any tour schedule can be confirmed," he added.
The meeting was arranged between the two Board officials following concerns raised by the BCCI over the upcoming tour in November.
Lorgat insisted that it was important for both the Boards to maintain a good relationship.
"It is key for all of us to make sure that the good relationship between our respective Boards is maintained and, in fact, strengthened and that we also honour the proud history between our two countries," said Lorgat.
"Our Board Presidents are also in discussion and we will now arrange for them to meet soon after the BCCI AGM."
Sources earlier said that CSA would lose over R300m if the originally proposed tour is shortened.
Plan announced by India recently for other overseas tours during that period cut into the schedule announced by CSA. The dispute is reported to be fuelled by BCCI's dissatisfaction that CSA appointed Lorgat to the chief executive position despite objections from BCCI.
Lorgat had been at loggerheads with the BCCI while he was the chief executive of the ICC before taking up his current position.