American woman Zohal Hamid has decided to withdraw the molestation case against Australian cricketer Luke Pomersbach after both the parties reached an out-of-court settlement.
She will also drop legal proceedings against RCB director Siddharth Mallya [ Images ] for allegedly casting aspersions on her character on a social networking service after she complained to police about molestation by the cricketer.
"Yes," Rajneesh Chopra, Hamid's lawyer told PTI on Wednesday in a text message when asked whether the American national is withdrawing case against Pomersbach and legal proceedings against Mallya.
In a late night post on Twitter, Siddharth Mallya said, "So glad that all charges have been dropped and Luke can return down under A FREE MAN!"
"I've always been a very loyal person who stands up for friends. The tweets/comments made were unfortunate, being the product of stressful circumstances & I realise people drew meaning and connotations other than and beyond what was intended against Zohal," he tweeted.
Pomersbach was arrested last Friday after Zohal Hamid alleged he molested her and hit her fiance, Sahil, when he objected to the cricketer's behaviour. Pomersbach was arrested and a court granted him bail later.
The first indication to the out-of-court settlement came earlier in the day when Sahil's brother Feroz claimed they did not want to pursue the case.
Feroz said Pomersbach should not have done what he did.
"He should have respect for women. Luke has done a blunder. He should apologise and we should also forgive and forget.
"We don't want to pursue against Luke. We have not been pressurised by anyone. No one has approached us," he said.
He also said they do not want to pursue the case against Mallya.
He also rebutted Hamid's claim that she was Sahil's fiancee.
"Whatever happened was most unfortunate. Officially, I am saying, Sahil is not engaged to Zohal," he said.