rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Cricket » Don't allow SRK inside Wankhede: MCA tells Mumbai Police

Don't allow SRK inside Wankhede: MCA tells Mumbai Police

May 06, 2013 21:55 IST

Shah Rukh KhanThe Mumbai Cricket Association informed a local police station to prevent Kolkata Knight Riders principal owner Shah Rukh Khan from entering the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai, when his team takes on Mumbai Indians, on Tuesday.

"We wrote a letter to Marine Lines police station today asking them not to allow Shah Rukh Khan inside the stadium tomorrow [when Kolkata Knight Riders play Mumbai Indians]. This was after the police had asked us to send a letter to that effect," MCA president Ravi Savant said.

The Bollywood superstar was banned for five years from entering MCA premises, including the Wankhede Stadium, by the Association's Managing Committee, headed by the late Vilasrao Deshmukh, on May 18 last year, after he was involved in a skirmish with security staff and officials of the cricket body following KKR's victory over Mumbai Indians.

On Saturday, Shah Rukh admitted that he should not have got into a fight with the Wankhede stadium security guard.

- SRK regrets getting into a brawl at Wankhede

"In retrospect, I should not have behaved like that. On the other hand, it's not something that I really think about. It's quite cool," he said.

Asked what would he do on May 7, Shah Rukh said, "I don't want to sound politically incorrect but what will they do if I enter? Shoot me?"

Shah Rukh also joked that he might resort to wearing masks to deceive the authorities.

"I don't know...otherwise it has to be the masks, I'll have to wear them with a false moustache and stuff like that. But I am not going to take any chances. I will wait outside the Wankhede and cheer for my boys.

Meanwhile, it has been learnt that security personnel also have been told by the authorities not to allow SRK inside the premises.

Photograph: BCCI