rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Cricket » Let BCCI consider our decision on SRK ban: MCA chief

Let BCCI consider our decision on SRK ban: MCA chief

May 19, 2012 16:20 IST

Union Minister and Mumbai Cricket Association president Vilasrao Deshmukh has said that the decision to ban actor Shah Rukh Khan from entering Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium for five years had been conveyed to BCCI, and "let it consider it".

MCA's decision followed fracas at Wankhede on May 16 after an IPL game, where Shah Rukh allegedly manhandled security personnel.

When asked how MCA would respond if BCCI were to set aside the ban, Deshmukh said on Saturday: "Where is the question of (BCCI questioning) the validity (of MCA decision)?....BCCI is our parent body. It has its own set of rules. IPL is their brainchild... their baby. We have merely rented out our ground to them," he told PTI.

"We have reported our decision to BCCI. Now let them at least sit on that.....consider it. How can I comment before that?"

He also added that one of the proposals discussed at the MCA meeting on Friday was to impose a lifetime ban on the actor at the Wankhede.

© Copyright 2013 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.