Tainted Pakistani cricketers Salman Butt [ Images ], Mohammad Aamer [ Images ] and Mohammad Asif [ Images ] will have to wait for some more days to learn their fate after ICC's [ Images ] anti-corruption tribunal reached no decision and called for another hearing on the spot-fixing row on February 5 in Doha.
The tribunal was expected to come out with its verdict on Tuesday after it's three-man independent tribunal led by the code of conduct commissioner Michael Beloff of England [ Images ], and aided by Justice Albie Sachs from South Africa [ Images ] and Kenyan Sharad Rao heard all the parties behind closed doors at the Qatar Financial Centre since January 6.
However, after the day's proceedings the tribunal said it could not come to any conclusion today and a verdict will be delivered only on February 5 after further hearing, until that time the players remained suspended from all forms of cricket.
"The tribunal have throughout been very conscious of the importance of these proceedings to the three players and the wider world of cricket," said Beloff, commissioner of the three-man independent hearing.
"Representations have been made to it to reserve any decision on the charges still before it until it has had sufficient time to give the issues careful consideration and until it is able, at the same time as handing down its decision, to provide written reasons.
"This would not be feasible in the timeframe agreed for this hearing in Doha. The tribunal has, therefore, determined to continue its deliberations and hold a further hearing in Doha on the fifth of February of this year, at which its decisions will be handed down to the parties and any consequential matters will be dealt with," he said.
"Until that date, all three players will remain suspended from all cricketing activities," Beloff added.
The tainted trio were charged of spot-fixing during Pakistan's tour of England last year.
It is alleged that players conspired in bowling deliberate no-balls during a Test at Lord's, a claim which they all deny.
The three were provisionally suspended by the ICC in September last year, with the players facing a minimum five-year ban and a maximum life ban if found guilty.