The Sindh high court today lifted the domestic ban on six Pakistani players who had joined the Indian Cricket League, thus clearing 17 'rebel' players to play in local tournaments.
Imran Farhat, Imran Nazir, Humayun Farhat, Taufiq Umar, Riaz Afridi and Arshad Khan thus joined 11 other Pakistani players who got a similar reprieve from the court last week, PCB lawyer Shan Gul said.
Of the Pakistani 'rebel' players, only Inzamam-ul Haq, Saqlain Mushtaq, Mushtaq Ahmed and Azhar Mahmood have not yet filed any challenge against the domestic ban.
The legal representative for the six players said they will study the possibility of challenging the international cricket ban on the players as well after the court decided on the domestic ban.
The court has set February 25 as the next date of hearing in the ICL case.
Meanwhile, in another important development, Sports Minister Syed Aftab Shah Jillani said he had discussions with Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ejaj Butt following 'rebel' player Mohammad Yousuf's request for government intervention to lift the international cricket ban on the ICL recruits.