|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Hamilton: Facts and figures
March 09, 2009
After taking a deserved 2-0 lead, India would be hoping to wrap up the five-match ODI series when it takes on New Zealand [Images] in the fourth One-Day International in Hamilton, on Wednesday.
India does not boast of a good record in Hamilton, having lost four of the five one-dayers they have played at this venue with the lone win coming against minnows Zimbabwe. They are yet to beat hosts New Zealand in two attempts.
The visitors would also be hoping to open their account in Tests, having lost one and drawn two.
Statistical Overview � One-Day Internationals
India's ODI record at Hamilton
India's ODI matches at Hamilton
Statistical Overview � Test matches
India's Test record at Hamilton
India's Test matches at Hamilton
Statistics: Rajneesh Gupta
When in Hamilton don't miss:
1. Agroventures: Agroventures is the home of unique New Zealand adventure activities. Located within the grounds of the world famous Agrodome, 10kms North of Rotorua city, this is an all weather adventure centre. Agroventures has the world's only Shweeb, the fastest jet sprint experience in the country - Agrojet, swing from 40m towards the earth at 130kmph, NZ's one and only -Swoop and the Southern Hemispheres' only Freefall Xtreme, wind tunnel.
a. Shweeb: Race thru space: Shweeb velodrome is the world's first human-powered monorail racetrack. Be one of the first in the world to Shweeb and race through space!
b. Agrojet: New Zealand's fastest Jet Boat experience: Power around the purpose built watercourse in a high speed Hamilton Jet Boat. Snuggle into the bucket seat, click into your four-point race harness and let your pro driver show you what life's really like in the fast lane � because there is no slowing down for the corners!
c. Swoop: The Swoop consists of specially designed hang gliding harnesses where you are cocooned inside. You nominate who pulls the ripcord on command and you are winched 40 meters sky high above the Ngongotaha Stream.
d. Freefall Xtreme: Live your dream - learn to fly: Experience the thrill of body flying; this is the only one of its kind in the southern hemisphere. Let the Freefall team guide you on the flight of your life as you step out into the flight zone.
2. Sky Diving: It takes a certain kind of person to jump out of an aircraft at 15000ft into thin air, it takes courage. Experience the thrill of a skydive with NZONE. Jump from 9000, 12,000 or 15,000 foot and freefall for up to 60 seconds. Enjoy spectacular views of Rotorua and the surrounding region once your parachute opens.
3. White water rafting: A white water rafting trip that takes in the Tutea Falls on the Kaituna River � the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall.
4. Polynesian Spa: Relax and pamper yourself at New Zealand's most famous spa! Polynesian Spa, a leading international hot mineral spring spa offers mineral bathing and unique spa therapies. The ultimate indulgence!
5. Te Puia: Te Puia is a thermal valley built on a rise beneath the cliffs and surrounded by a natural moat of lethal hot pools. Feel the spirit of Te Puia and experience the Maori heritage through cultural performances and traditional Maori cuisine.
Travel guide: Courtesy www.newzealand.com