No matter where are you flying globally, here are the world’s most courteous, friendly, helpful and efficient airline crews from each continent.
The recently-held World Airline Award by Skytrax, ranked best airline staff in 10 different regions. We bring you the top three winners from each of them.
Rank in Central Asia and India: 1
The airline is the principal airline and the flag carrier of Kazakhstan.
Rank in Central Asia/India: 2
India-based IndiGo Airlines operates as a low-cost carrier and is headquartered in Gurgaon.
Rank in Central Asia/India: 3
It’s the flag carrier of Azerbaijan and is based in Baku.
Rank in Asia: 1
The flag carrier of Thailand is headquartered in Bangkok.
Rank in Asia: 2
Headquartered in Jakarta, Garuda is the flag carrier of Indonesia.
Rank in Asia: 3
Country: Hong Kong (China)
Based in Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific flies to 68 destinations in 42 countries.
Rank in Middle East: 1
The national airline of Oman, it was he first airline in the world to offer mobile services and Wi-Fi in-flight.
Rank in Middle East: 2
Headquartered in Doha and owned by the state, Qatar Airways flies to over 125 destination.
Rank in Middle East: 3
The government owned airline operates in 78 countries and flies to over 142 cities.
Rank in Australia and Pacific: 1
Formerly called as Virgin Blue, it’s co-founded by British businessman Richard Branson and former Virgin Blue CEO Brett Godfrey. From modest beginning in 2000, it is now the second largest airline in Australia.
Rank in Australia and Pacific: 2
Qantas is Australia’s flag carrier and the second oldest airline in the world - founded in 1920.
Air New Zealand
Rank in Australia/Pacific: 3
Country: New Zealand
Based in Auckland, this is the national airlines of the country. It has domestic as well as international operations and flies to over 15 countries.
Rank in Europe: 1
The flag carrier of the country, it is now a subsidiary of Lufthansa Group. It flies to over 130 destinations.
Rank in Europe: 2
KLM is the flag carrier of the Netherlands and is the oldest airline in the world.
Rank in Europe: 3
Headquartered in Istanbul, it is the flag carrier of the country. It operates in 41 domestic and 206 international airports.
Rank in South America: 1
The airline is part of LATAM Airlines group, which also owns TAM Airlines. It is also the flag carrier of the country.
Azul Linhas Aereas Brasileiras
Rank in South America: 2
The flag carrier of Brazil, Azul flies to over 103 destinations.
Rank in South America: 3
Headquartered in Sao Paulo, it is the largest airline company is Brazil.
Rank in North America: 1
Though brainchild of the British businessman Richard Branson; his companies own just 25 per cent in the company, as per the law of the US. The remaining 75 per cent stake is owned by the VAI Partners.
Rank in North America: 2
The Canadian low-cost carrier provides services to 90 destinations in 20 countries. It is also the second largest airline in its home country.
Rank in North America: 3
The regional airline flies to several destinations in Canada and the US. Most of its fleet has Bombardier aircraft.
Rank in C America/Caribbean: 1
The flag carrier of Colombia, Avianca is the second largest airline in Latin America. Uit was registered in 1919 and the third oldest airline in the world, behind KLM.
Rank in C America/Caribbean: 2
Based out of Panama City, this is the flag carrier of the country. It flies to over 30 countries covering 69 destination.
Rank in C America/Caribbean: 3
Country: Trinidad and Tobago
It is the national airline of the country. Air Jamaica is now part of Caribbean Airlines after the latter acquired it.
South African Airways
Rank in Africa: 1
Country: South Africa
The flag carrier is the largest airline in South Africa and flies to 38 destinations globally.
Rank in Africa 2
The national carrier of Mauritius flies to over 26 destinations.
Air Mauritius was set up in June 1967. The airline had no aircraft at the beginning, and in January 1972, Air India started flying the Port Louis-Bombay-Port Louis run on Air Mauritius' behalf using Boeing 707 equipment; this was Air Mauritius' first route, according to Wikipedia.
Rank in Africa 3
The government-owned airlines is flag carrier and covers 80 destinations.
Rank in China: 1
The largest privately-owned airline company operates on about 500 national and international routes.
Rank in China: 2
China Southern serves 193 destinations in 35 different countries worldwide. It is the fourth-largest airline in the world in domestic passenger traffic and the sixth-largest in scheduled domestic passenger-kilometres flown, according to Wikipedia.
Rank in China: 3
The country’s fourth largest domestic carrier, Shenzhen operates in over 137 destinations. Other than the extensive domestic airports, it also flies to countries such as Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Thailand.